Monday, March 14, 2016

6 years ago I applied for my passport...

...and I was convinced that Haiti was going to be the very first stamp.

Honduras
Nepal
but no Haiti.

I was eighteen when the earthquake of 2010 wrecked havoc on the destitute country of Haiti. Everything within me wanted to come to their aid, to help, comfort, do something.  It soon became clear, however, that then was not the time. Fast forward six years and the time has now presented itself.

Come June, my passport will contain the Haitian stamp.

I am thrilled to be apart of a Worship Outreach Missions trip throughout Haiti, with my local church (Harvest Bible Chapel Lancaster).

We will work with a number of churches in Haiti, including two Harvest churches, doing evangelistic music outreach events across the country.  The gospel will go forth to the people as we sing and serve alongside the Haitian church.

Launching our trip in Miami, FL, we will serve alongside Harvest Miami to do our first outreach event on American soil before flying to Haiti.  I will be traveling, ministering and singing alongside 21 people from my church AND 20-25 people from Harvest St. Louis.

The entirety of this trip is committed to God and it is my heart to see His high and lifted up.  I covet your prayers before and during this trip.  In order for this outreach to be successful we need God to do His work, and I firmly believe this will happen if His people pray!

Prayer Requests
- Team unity
- Strength to minister in a spiritually dark place like Haiti
- Clear communication between St. Louis and Lancaster teams
- Prepare people's hearts in Haiti to hear the gospel
- Funds for the team to go

A couple specifics:
Trip Date: June 9th-18th
Cost: $1,500
Outreach Location: Miami, Cabaret, Port-au-Prince, Maplat, Jacmel

Also, if you would like to make a tax-deductible financial contribution click HERE and select "Haiti" from the drop-down menu.

Stay tuned for updates and more info!!

3 comments:

  1. Didn't we once plan to go serve together in Haiti? ;) Interesting how God directs our paths! Praying for God to prepare your heart for this trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very interesting. God's plans are so so good. Praying for you, dear friend. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Anna! Have you ever considered going to India? I really want to go there someday..

    Grace


    It was a blessing to finally "meet" you and Esther last year at NICHE......πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰❤️After meeting the Wissmanns Esther and you, the only person I still have to meet is Bethany and DanπŸ˜„πŸ˜‰❤️

    ReplyDelete