Sunday, March 31, 2019

Heart Attitude

I am blessed.

I take a look at my life and my heart is thankful.

I have so much.  I grew up with two godly parents who loved each other, modeled a righteous life and provided for my every need.  I had the world at my disposal. I don't know what would have been like to live in poverty, to help parents with rent, to come home from school to an empty house, to not be given a hug at least several times a day.

Yet I complain.  I grumble.  I want more.  I take my comfort for granted.  And though it's hard to say, I find myself judging those who are different then me. A bit prideful, much?  Seeing as though I did nothing to earn any of the above mentioned luxuries.

Jesus, change my heart. 

The last six months have been a journey for me.  A bit painful at times.  Because I've always considered myself loving, understanding, kind and open-minded.  But I was wrong.  Not entirely, but I don't want to stop my heart at "good enough" when it comes to loving people and seeing them as Jesus does.

Everyone has a story.
And it's a beautiful story.

Jesus, open my heart.

I have been praying for practical ways to live differently; to actually enact heart change.  Because for me, it's easy to love people and not seek to understand them.

And Jesus has given me two ways to do this.  Two ways to begin this journey of opening my heart to a new life of love and understanding.  Here they are;

Be a life-long learner.

Seek to be uncomfortable.

I also just want to say, I love this little space.  I writing real.  Writing from my heart.
May Jesus be lifted up and my own heart brought low.

No comments:

Post a Comment