Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The end is just the beginning...

Sunday morning it was with great excitment {mostly} that I penned the last words in my dear journal. I was brosing through the full pages and was once again struck with the great kindness and faithfulness of my God. The year twenty12 was full. Sometimes I feel like I might as well learn all my lessons over again. But I'm so thankful that God loves us too much to leave us where we're at.

So I bought a new journal. Happy day. Think bright red with white polka dots, and a little text box that simply says "Everday Joy journal" in a beautiful shade of aqua.

That kinda sums up what I want twenty13 to be. A year where I embrace life. Enjoy the small moments. Learn to fully live. And of course put some legs to a couple dreams.

And there is just something about writing on the first page of a new book. Slightly exhilarating; like starting a new day. It's fresh full of potential. A book that will soon hold the memories and moments that make up my year. No, it won't be all happiness and sunshine. There will be trials, rough times that bring tears...but laced through the tests and the smiles will also run the strong faithfulness of my Jesus. And that is what look forward to writing about and experiencing. As well as all the other cool stories and things that will happen. Because if they don't...I'll go looking for them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment