Monday, February 25, 2013

"If I had an iPhone"...is a phrase of the past.

You know when you see something, touch it, experience it? When you know right then that you want this "thing", realizing also that you probably will never have one in the foreseeable future, yet wanting it all the same? This item soon clobers the stores, make headlines and finds it's way into women's purses, guys hands and babies carseats. With each new addition you admire the features, watch your friends experience the technology and know think that one day. one day it will be your turn. You talk about it, dream about it, read about it, think about it, ask for it. In fact, you know more about this little device then even some of your friends who own the darling little thing. But you remain just a spectator, very involved, yes, but still just a spectator. This was my own experience with;

The iPhone.

Yes, I am an Apple girl. Through and through. It helps that I grew up on the old Macs. Our home has never known another brand but that shiny apple. And ever since the iPhone came out (how many years ago?) it's been on the top of my "want-list"....that is until yesterday. 2/24/13. And this is {the short version} how it happened.

It was Sunday afternoon drama practice. I had my computer out and was typing notes and doing stuff that props/costume coordinators are supposed to do, when suddenly I noticed my phone was gone. I needed to send a text but when I looked down on the seat...no phone. Very strange. I glanced around--under the seat, on another row. still no phone. The search continued as I looked in my purse, computer bag, the floor, coat pocket. I tried to push it away thinking that it would "turn up" soon, and went back to watching the actors on-stage. A little while later I needed to send another message (of course regarding the drama at hand) and enlisted a little help to find my pink phone. I questioned several young members of the male gender who are notorious for pranks such as this...but to no avail. A friend (Arnie) decided to call it...confirming that it was on vibrate. {later I find out that he was 'in' on the whole surprise...and played his party very well}. Once again in order to prove that I am capable of operating without my phone I returned to my seat.

Not more than 10 seconds later as I'm sitting in the front row contemplating how to tell an actor to "get their face involved in their lines" a strange sound starts coming from over by the piano. Very weird. My mother had just been over there {"why hadn't she gone home anyways?!?" was the thought running through my mind}, and I figured she just put some weird toy in the bench to make some strange noises. Not sure why, but before I could think about anything Josiah walks over and picks up an iPhone clothed in a pretty pink otterbox.

Me: "Oh! That's Lindsay's, she must have left it here."
Someone else: "Answer it!"
Me: "WHY?!?" I knew that a friend had a phone that looked almost identical "This is Lindsay's phone."
















*phone stops ringing*
*everyone looks at me*
I'm confused.
*phone starts ringing again*
My mother: "Answer it, Anna, someone might need something!"
I, being an obedient daughter, obeyed.
Me: "Hello?"
Grace {the caller} along with everyone else: "SURPRISE!!"
















Me: "What?"
*looks around very confused. noticing Arnie taking pictures. everyone is smiling. awkward silence.*
Someone: "It's YOURS!!"

















Me: "WHAT?!? Are you serious?!?!"
I can't even remember what I said after that. But I couldn't believe it! There in my very own hands was my very own iPhone. And the rest, as they say...is history.

My family and friends had pooled their money for an early birthday present. I head overseas in a couple weeks to work in some orphanges and was really wanting a nice camera. And boy did I get it...and SO much more!!!

I'm so blessed. Not because I'm the very proud owner of an iPhone 5. But because I'm blessed enough to have friends {and of course my family is included in this!!!} that care. Friends that love me. Friends that will sacrifice their own resources to give me a 'wish come true'. They invest soso much into my life, in so many ways...and to top it off, they throw in an iPhone. It blows my mind.

Thank you!!!!! A million times over again.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Dad and Mom got their phones last summer. I never thought I'd ever see the day my Mom would be texting!! (grin) Enjoy your new little handy-dandy.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    I'm a 17yo homeschooler from Australia, and I've been reading your blog for some time (I'm a blog-stalker creeping from Bethany Wissmann's blog :D)...I just wanted to say, I really enjoy reading your blog because of your joyful and enthusiastic attitude in everything you do. (Besides, you seem to be very talented in sewing and cooking, things that I love doing too!)

    God bless!
    Hannah

    Ps. Last year I also got an iPhone from a friend and I feel exactly as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love your face in the 3rd pic!! so priceless! :) Congrats on the iPhone! I'm officially jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sharon - that look on your face is priceless!! :) Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete