Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When life gets cold...go to Florida!

I'm so excited about the prospect of getting snowed in tomorrow. {you may be surrounded with the white fluffyness as you read this, or you may be laughing at the forecasters predictions as you head off to work...I'm pulling for the latter.}

BUT

as much as I love snow and all the wonder that accompanies it...


I miss this.


Florida is a wonderful place. I just discovered this two years ago when I flew down for a friends wedding {gorgeous bride pictured above}. And I'm not sure if that was a good idea, because now I feel like I need to visit that sunny place every year. But I'm okay with that. Quite.

My visit was 4-5 days. We jammed packed it with so much wonderful stuff that I went to bed pinching myself wondering if it was all a dream...and when I woke up the sunrise would slice across the lake with such grandeur and wonder that would leave me speechless.
{yes, I stayed at a lake house. yes, I was up early enough to see the sunrise every morning--I may or may not have gone back to sleep...but that's beside the point.}




List of Fantastic Plans/Events;
Starbucks
{Chatitng with the baristas, people watching, talking, planning the day
...it's so much more than just drinking coffee.}
SeaWorld
{pictured below. Bonus: the Fabulous Lindsy was able to come with us}
Dinner with friends
Farmers Market
{best ever. I wish I had a picture of it to show you. just imagine fruit everywhere, enough veggies to satisfy a vegitarian, fresh flowers, live music, lots of people, crafts and do-dads}





Disney
{pictured below. so much walking, talking and laughter...and sore feet. :)}
Orange Groves
{best oranges.ever. no questions asked or accepted}
Settler's Game
Late-night Talking
{knowing you should probably go to bed but instead you sit and talk waaayyy late.
that is when the best conversations happen}





Invigorating workout
{complete with a personal trainer ;)}
Paddle-boarding
{my new favorite lake-side activity}
Lots of SUN!
More Starbucks




Which Wich?
 {"serving the superior sandwich"...and I learned they just opened one in NE!}
Pinkberry
Chick-Fil-A
{chicken biscuits are a must-experience for everyone...this I learned...the yummy way}
Starbucks


BEACH!
{I fed the birds...first and last time I ever do that on a beach.}
Outlet Mall
Little moments
{all those times that made you laugh, smile and just enjoy life...
yep, my trip was jam-packed full of them}





I'm sure I probably left something out...like the AMAZING people that hosted me, and made my time WAY better than I could have imagined!!! 

Thank you, Andrew&Kori
And all the other wonderful Florida people!


1 comment:

  1. You certainly look like you had a fun trip. Thanks for sharing.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete