Sunday, February 10, 2019

I Begin Again

I took a break.  A year and a half, actually.

But I miss this space. 

I miss writing.  I miss sharing my heart.

I am quite a different girl then when I last wrote words from my heart in this space.  I think that's okay.

I'm not telling anyone I'm back.  Because I don't care anymore if anyone reads these words.  They are for me to express what my Jesus is doing.  It's a creative outlet for me to look back on and reflect.

I'll read these words again, and I want them to be real.  I long to write words that come straight from my heart.  No more fake-ness and pretending.  Not that what I wrote before wasn't real, but Jesus is teaching me lessons that rip my heart open a little wider.  I bleed pride, shame, stubbornness and selfishness out, and He pours grace, love and hope back in.

If I post once, or 100 times, I don't really care.  I just want to write.  I want to put into words the tears that fall weekly, sometimes daily.  The lessons learned and all the lessons that I don't want to learn.  The success and the fails.  And maybe a couple real-life pictures that I'll look back on and just shake my head.

Because this year, I want to Lift Up My Eyes.  And when I gaze into the face of my Savior, sometimes words just come pouring out.

1 comment:

  1. It's perhaps a bit on the late side, but welcome back! This came up on my Blogger feed and I've just managed to find time to come and have a look. I'll read your other new posts soon. It's nice to see you back; I look forward to reading some new material here. :)

    ReplyDelete