Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Day

Happy Valentines Day to each and every one of you!
*insert happy emoticon heart*

I was reading Jen Hatmaker's post on V-day and it was this sentance that made me smile. 
speaking to singles 
"And hey, if you decide to go to a movie that starts in 17 minutes on a random Tuesday, YOU JUST CAN.  Revel in that please.  It takes an act of God to get out of my front door." - Jen Hatmaker
Today I'm single. No joke, right? I may not have tomorrow, but I have today.  Once un-single, you're never single again.  What a gift, what a treasure.  To spend my life, my time, my actions for others, for Jesus.

I will admit, for all my happy thoughts and acts of love, there is a space in my heart that is empty.  Everyone has the desire to love, and to be loved.  To deny this feeling is to pretend something doesn't exist.  But to dwell on this longing only brings lonliness and discontentment.  Why not keep it tucked away, safe for unveiling another day.  

I'm single today.  Tomorrow... who knows?!?  I've talked to countless married girls and read their articles and I find a common theme; they love marriage/relationship, but there is something special about being single.  The more I think about this, the more I believe it to be true.  Yes, relationships are wonderful, hard, enriching and consuming, and the statistics prove that most people end up this way. 

But I haven't.  Not yet.  And it's not guarenteed. Today I'm single.  I don't have tomorrow, I have today.

"Who is the man who desires life, and loves many days, that he may see good? Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."  Psalm 34:12, 14
Do good: That's my mission.

Why don't we channel our desires, loves and emotions into others.  Serving people with unmatched energy.  Spending so much time serving that we don't have time to wallow in our single pool of tears. 

Here are a couple ideas.  I have tried them out for you, and they are fabulous and fun!


Idea #1:
Look up your local volunteer fire department.  
Make dozens of cinnamon rolls. 
Deliver said cinnamon rolls to said fire department.
*check back for recipe and other instructions*



Idea #2:
Puruse Pinterest looking for cute breakfast treats
Get up earlier than your family (if possible)
Write sweet notes.
Cook delightful breakfast
Serve said food with a cheerful smile



Idea #3:
Buy flowers
Put flowers in a pretty vase with ribbon
Deliver said flowers to a special older lady bereft of a Valentine this season
Give a warm hug as an added bonus



Idea #4:
Make cinnamon rolls
Drive to your dad/brothers/pastors/friends work
Deliver said cinnamon rolls to happy said men/women

Forgot to take a picture of  ^ this one.

Idea #5:
Seek Jesus
Delight in the joy and peace only He can give
Thank God for the incredible life He has made possible for you


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! Its a wonderful encouragement to me, to learn to be happy and content as a single ga! Besides the Lord Jesus Christ is the greatest Lover of them all! :)
    Blessings,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I just think you are amazing. ...enough said. Love you, love your heart!!! You are so inspirational!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm late commenting...but I LOVE these ideas!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete