Monday, November 4, 2013

Daily Bread

"Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1:8
Meditate: to internalize. More than just "to know".

This was a simple statement shared during a week-night Bible study by a dear elderly Pastor/friend. 

I was convicted. Is memorization and internalization of the Word a daily/weekly part of my life? I have to confess, this area in my life needs work. 

How do we implament this clear command in scripture? Here are a couple suggestions that I'm giving a whirl myself.
*calling on you for your help. thoughts, suggestions, hints*

::START::

In the words of my father "you just have to start."




















^^this is my favorite way to memorize.
Cute, pink, with an Apple sticker on the front and a picture of my sis and inside.

::Make it convenient:: 
Write it on note cards, tape it to the shower wall (this does work), write it out in a journal, carry a Bible with you wherever you go, get a cute pink binder (I love mine!), whatever floats your boat and gets stuck in your mind.



::Accountability::
This one is big for me. Alone I get sidetracked and distracted. Recently my Bible study group and I have begun 1 John 3. When younger girls start showing me up in small group... this is works for me.


Don't look back and mourn over lack of diligence. Don't look forward and be overwhelmed or set unrealistic goals. 

Start. 

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 1 Timothy 3:16-17

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder that sometimes we just have to start somewhere! Now to find someone to keep me accountable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pink verse binder! Thats a great idea. I just found your blog from the Wissmann's blog.
    Keep on looking up! 2 Samuel 22:33

    ReplyDelete