Wednesday, November 20, 2013

From My Shelf

Love my books. Each and every one of them.

My little 2-shelf bookcase was outgrown years ago... and my dream had always been for built-in bookcases to surround the double bed in our room.

Dreams do come true - I arrived home from vacation several years ago to find beautiful shelves built around my bed.  Compliments of my incredible father.

My sister-in-law Abby and I spent the evening organizing and arranging all the books and little odds and ends.  Esther had gotten me a dozen black frames of varying sizes.  Full of family and wonderful memories they line the top of the shelves.




Arranging the books by color was a brilliant idea by Abby!  Love the way it brings the eye to each shelf and showcases the lovely colors.

Blue
















Black


Orange



Left Side



Please excuse the low lighting. It was all I could do to coax my photo apps to rescue my late-at-night-attempt-at pictures. Perhaps I'll have Bethany snap a few pics when they come home for Christmas. Maybe the bill have my room clean. 



No comments:

Post a Comment